[bksvol-discuss] Questions about Kurzweil Scanning

  • From: "Jane Dickison" <janebiz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:33:14 -0500

FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION

I will be in The Friends of Bookshare Online Community Room Tuesday, September 27, at 8:00 a.me. Pacific, 9:00 a.me. Mountain, 10:00 a.me. Central, 11:00 a.me. Eastern. Don't worry if you can't make this session. I'm sure there will be more chances. Sometime you may even want to volunteer your time to be available to take questions or brain storm about the software you are using. There are so many methods of getting a good scan. Remember, I'm just a volunteer like you, wanting to share what works for me. If you think this might be something you want to do, please contact Pat Price.

Please see the information below for the links you will need.

I hope to see you Tuesday.
Jane Dickison

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e

All programs are open to everyone worldwide. There is no membership requirement, no direct cost, and no need to register. . No password is required. All you need is a PC running Windows 2000 or later, an Internet connection, a sound card, and speakers. (Mac and Linux access coming soon.) A microphone will be needed to allow you to interact audibly with the presenter and each other. If, however, you do not have a microphone, text chatting will be allowed.

If you are a first-time user of the Talking Communities online conferencing software, there is a small, safe software program that you need to download and run. A link to the software is available on the Friends community rooms entry screen..

Don't hesitate to invite all your friends. Seating is unlimited and All events are FREE! Also, stop by the community room anytime to visit with friends, get personalized training on book scanning, submission and validating get immediate answers to Bookshare issues, or just hang out with friends.

Archives of past events are available on the Friends of Bookshare website.

Media Contact:
Friends of Bookshare
Pat Price, Planning Committee Chair
317-254-1185
Email:  pat@xxxxxxxxxxxx

This online live event is entirely an activity of Bookshare volunteers that is sponsored by the Accessible World in partnership with Talking Communities.