[bksvol-discuss] Questions About Publisher Quality Books

  • From: "Lisa Belville" <lisab12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:23:56 -0600

I, like Lissie, am also a little cornfused regarding the Publisher Quality books. <smiles>

I noticed when I uploaded a book yesterday that Publisher Quality was listed along with Good, Fair, and Excellent text quality. I don't remember seeing that the last time I uploaded.

Unless I missed something, I thought the publisher quality books came directly from the publisher and were validated and uploaded by Bookshare staff? Is this not how it works?

How would I as a regular Bookshare volunteer searching on Step 1 recognize a Publisher Quality book? Who would I contact if I had questions about the content, assuming OCR issues take place with these books?

Could someone from Bookshare either give the list an explanation of the logistics of validating and uploading the publisher quality books or point me to where I can find the information?

Thanks in advance.

Lisa

----- Original Message ----- From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>