[bksvol-discuss] Questions

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:07:33 -0700 (PDT)

I am a new volunteer but I am familiar with the
bookshare program because a friend of mine is a
bookshare subscriber.

I have been reading in the tips and also in the other
sections and I have a couple of questions.

Initially, it looked like to validate a book you
mostly had to verify the book was complete, and verify
the copyright information and then, if desired, clean
up any scanning errors.

But as I read more into jbrownell website, it looks
like lots of books get rejected because they are
missing page breaks. Can someone clarify that for me?
One book that I downloaded to validate was a txt file,
and thus it would not have page breaks, right? Even
though I converted it to rtf, it still would not have
page breaks, right?

Another book I downloaded did not have page numbers.
Without page numbers it would not have page breaks, or
am I not understanding the validation process
correctly?

Jamie in Michigan