[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question, was: submitted The Little Bookheaders

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 03:39:15 -0400

Braille is read line by line. Thus headers are extremely annoying in braille.
Elizabeth

At 02:13 AM 8/19/2009, you wrote:
Valerie, we are supposed to delete them, but be careful to leave the page number.

As a sighted person, do you pay attention to them? I never do. smile. Maybe if I were reading a book of short stories I'd use them to find a particular story, but otherwise I just ignore them, I think those members who listen to books don't have that opportunity if the headers are present. I don't know how they affect Braille readers.

Cindy

Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and books-being-scanned list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+Being+Scanned+List