[bksvol-discuss] Question re "reading" footnote numbers and quotation marks

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:04:32 -0800 (PST)

I'm reading a print book, a copy of which is in the
bookshare collection. I read another book by the same
author which was quite readable. This one has
unnumerable footnote numbers (the footnotes themselves
are all iat the end of the book) and quotation
marks--phrase quotes from sources in sentences and he
notes within and at the end of the sentences.

At a sighted person I can mentally bypass them, though
not as well as I'd like, but I'm wondering if they
would be really annoying to someone reading in Braille
or Daisy. I'm asking because I'm wondering if I should
write a brief review mentioning this so readers can be
forewarned.