[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question re Publisher Quality books

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 07:43:12 -0500

It was both. Since they're coming from the publishers files, and not scanned, there aren't any page numbers or breaks, as they would be generated at the time of printing. I don't know if either has been rectified yet, as I haven't looked at any lately, since the novelty of these new quality ratings has worn off. Complaint? Humm, I'd prefer to look at it as identifying a problem area. Ok, maybe a complaint. What can I tell you I'm getting cabin fever, I'm sick to death of snow! I have a 7 foot snow bank to throw it over to get it off my deck, and its bloody snowing again!

Dave

At 05:49 AM 3/5/2008, you wrote:
When the Publishers' Quality books were first added to
the collection, some of you complained that they
didn't have page breaks--or was it just page numbers
that were lacking, or both? But more recently quite a
few of you have said that you downloaded some of the
books and that they were pleasures to read.

Do the fiction books have page breaks? Do the
textbooks have page breaks *and* page numbers?

G.Cindy

***WISH LIST (CALLED REQUESTED ADDITIONS TO THE BOOKSHARE COLLECTION)IS AVAILABLE AT
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/

A LIST OF BOOKS CURRENTLY BEING SCANNED IS AVAILABLE AT http://people.delphiforums.com/jamiecalton/scanning.html