[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question on kids book fonts

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:26:12 -0500

Actually, my daughter is one of many who cannot, but since the preponderance of suggestions is to stick with 12/16, I will probably do that. Nichole has really poor physical access, so she can only pick a book from 3, then read or pause. Many kids with multiple handicaps or severe physical handicaps can only do limited things by themselves, and unfortunately none of the tools for BookShare that are accessible to kids like Nichole allow you to permanently designate a larger font.

Valerie

On 10 29, 2009, at 4:52 PM, Bob wrote:

I personally would change it all to twelve points and either new roman or ariel. We know that works.

If the person has some usable sight they can control the size with their own reading software.

Just my opinion.

Bob

"We know the future will outlast all of us, but I believe that all of us will live on in the future we make,"
Senator Edward M. Kennedy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx >