[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question on kids book fonts

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 20:59:15 -0500

Hi Lori!

Just for the fun of it, I put what I was sizing in every font, and Window-Eyes, my screen reader has no trouble with the size of the font. When I was doing it, I should have called it a font, but here's what I did in case you want to see it, though it doesn't make very interesting reading.

This is 10 point type

This is 11 point type

This is 12 point type

This is 14 point type

This is 16 point type

This is 18 point type

This is 20 point type

This is 22 point type

This is 24 point type

This is 26 point type

This is 28 point type

This is 36 point type

This is 48 point type

This is 72 point type

I hope the sizes didn't get messed up when I pasted them in from the clipboard after grabbing them from Word. Word tells me, "style heading 1" on the 16 point font, "style heading 2" on the 18 point font, "style heading 3" on the 20 point font, "style heading 4" on the 22 point font, "style heading 5" on the 24 point font, "style heading 6" on the 26 point font, "style heading 7" on the 28 point font, "style heading 8" on the 36 point font, "style heading 9" on the 48 point font, and "style body text" on the 72 point font when I up or down arrow over those lines in Word. Eudora can't tell me any of that.

I hope this has answered your question.  I like to experiment.

Debby

At 03:56 PM 10/29/2009, Lori wrote
Well, if it is oked, then it would be important to let the validator/proofreader know as if one is following the directions from the manual it says to change to 12 pt.

I'm not techy enough to know, but does a particular size font interfere with the screen reader?

Lori

----- Original Message ----- From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>