[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question on kids book fonts

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 00:02:33 -0500

Unfortunately she is no where near that independent right now, but we are trying to build skills to lead to that one day. She has the motor skills of a 3-6 month old, but the mind of a teen. Thankfully she has tremendous patience and is well-balanced. Smiles.

Valerie

On 10 29, 2009, at 11:41 PM, Mike wrote:

If she can use regular computer programs, you might try having her use the xml file from the daisy book in a web browser that can enlarge the whole page like Opera or Internet Explorer 8.

Misha

Valerie Maples wrote:
Nichole reads her box on her device. I should clarify what that means. She has a speech output device as her voice, but she reads her books in the text only format, without speech output. The book reader that is integrated into her software is not controlled by the Windows visual accessibility software. Nichole prefers her teen books in regular fonts, but likes to read to/with kids in larger fonts, just like the original text is.

No sweat; I was just hoping to give her and younger kids more independence.

Valerie

On 10 29, 2009, at 5:34 PM, Lynn I wrote:

Can't all of the visual adjustments be made in the Windows control panel
under accessibility?

Blessings.

Lynnsky