[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question in a bilingual children's book

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 17:09:06 -0700

--
"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you
forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be
sophisticated, but when you get the two of them together in a way
people can relate to, then I think you're on to something. You want
the sophistication to lie in the purity of the sound, the beauty of
the arrangements, and the quality of the performances."-Trumpeter
Chris Botti
--
Chela Robles
AIM and E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx

On 7/27/2010 4:57 PM, Valerie Maples wrote:
Hello volunteers!

Looking for a little guidance. I am doing a short children's book (what's under
the bed?) that is bilingual. It will have a single sentence in English
immediately followed by a single sentence exactly the same in Spanish. My gut
instinct is to put a single asterisk in between the two lines on a line of its
own, but I wonder if that will be annoying to blind readers. It would be
helpful to sighted readers to separate two so that a struggling reader knows
there is a change coming.

Thoughts and guidance are greatly appreciated!
Valerie To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to