[bksvol-discuss] Question for openbook users

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:05:55 -0400

Hi all,

I'm using Openbook 7.02 for scanning books. I use the 2-page feature and it works very well. My question is whether there is a setting which I can enable so that my scanner won't scan all the way down the glass. I would guess there are about three inches of space between the edge of the paperbacks and the edge of the glass, and I thought I might be able to shave a couple seconds off my scanning time by just scanning to the edge of the book. I know this feature exists in Kurzweil, but I am not sure about Openbook.

Hope someone can help,
Scott