[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question for everyone: What makes you reject a book?

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 19:00:54 -0500

Me too, Judy. If I can rescan it faster than I am taking to fix it, then I
reject it.

If it needed page breaks and I couldn't tell where they went without getting
the print book I'd probably reject it too, because I think it would be
faster to rescan it because it would also need the page numbers.

Now if only a couple pages need rescanned I've done that several times. I
find it easier to rescan a page that has tables or text boxes and do it
myself than to fix the already scanned copy.

I've had one proofreader reject several of my books this year for reasons
that were clearly not in my copy. I think proofreaders should have contact
info so people can help them when they don't understand something.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: Lucy in the Sky by Paige Toon

See everything I've read this year at: www.michrxtech.com/books.html