[bksvol-discuss] Question for Madeleine: Re: Re: some books that I have scanned

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 14:06:37 -0500

Madeleine, What about the title being 20 point on many pages other than the title page? I see a lot of books that way. We were told as volunteers in the past that it was OK to do it that way. However, if finding the title page depends on the 20 point font navigation, doesn't it get confusing to have it OK for the title to be 20 point on more than the title page?

Thanks for any clarification! smile

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 5/11/2015 10:52 AM, Madeleine Linares wrote:

Hi Susan,

It may once have been a requirement, but since I’ve been here I’ve never expected or required it. After discussing with my coworkers in the hopes of getting all of Bookshare’s books on the same page (heh) with font sizing, I’ve removed it from the requirements. Basically, our understanding was that the only reason to have the author’s name at 18 point would be to help you find the title page. Since we’re already changing the title to 20 point, the title page is pretty easy to find. Changing the author’s name to 18 point and bold seemed unnecessary.

Best,

Madeleine