[bksvol-discuss] Question about the read to go app

  • From: Dasha Radford <dasha95@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 17:22:55 -0400

Hi,
This doesn't really have much to do with the app itself but I was curious.
Could we not build an app so that volunteers who did scanning and proofreading
could do that through their phones rather than on computers if they don't have
access to them? Also, and this does have something to do with the app. I wasn't
sure how to do this seeing as when I tried to use the ideas form it didn't
particularly like it but couldn't we consider adding more voices in to the read
to go app? Like UK English And other languages? This has nothing to do with it
but I'm partially deaf and I have a very difficult time understanding American
English TTS voices. the only American English TTS voices I found I could
understand the majority of the time were the ones from IVona. I can understand
acappella Heather alright but it's very difficult with certain words. What does
everyone else think?
Thank you,
DR

Sent from my iPhone To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to