[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about the Guidelines on Publishers

  • From: Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 21:53:44 +0000

Hi Jean,

To add to Marty’s answer: there is no guarantee that your submissions will be
replaced if the book is from a publisher we work with (or if it is from a
“don’t use” publisher. All of the publishers we work with vary in what they
allow us access to and what they have available in the correct format.
Certainly, some volunteer submissions will be replaced, but not all.
Additionally, even if your submission is eventually replaced, you’ve made it
available to our members for a time when it otherwise wouldn’t be.

Please do not reject a book if it is from a publisher we work with. Books
should only be rejected if they are missing copyright information, if they are
ebooks, or if they are so badly scanned that there is no way for a proofreader
to fix all of the errors.

Best,

Madeleine Linares
Volunteer Coordinator
Bookshare, a Benetech Initiative
650-644-3459
madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Join us in celebrating our 10th
Anniversary!<http://blog.bookshare.org/2012/03/11/join-bookshares-worldwide-10th-anniversary-celebration/>

[Title:  Bookshare logo: Bringing Reading to Life for 10 Years]