[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about tables

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 13:11:54 -0700 (PDT)

Nimit;

I understand the text is still there, but we put the information in tables for
reason. It is not easier to follow visually and it can be very confusing to
adults selects a person when the columns are not aligned in the only way to get
columns is to place it in a table. Tabs are not recognized as other people have
mentioned, and you are undoing their work if you are removing tables they have
put in, not to mention information that is specifically meant to be put in
tables. Hopefully Madeleine will weigh in, but I would not remove tables that a
scanner put in without permission or until we are told they are no longer
desirable or allowed. What might be easier for you personally does not mean it
is the standard we are currently using. There are many concessions that sighted
readers and proofreaders have made for blind readers and braille users, and you
should not change things without permission or directives in the manual.

You were very clear, we just disagree.

Valerie