[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about reject or fix

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 19:52:26 -0400

What book, what author?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike" <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2011 12:45 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Question about reject or fix

What would you do? I have a book that I am proofing. I have the print book so I can check problems. However, I have found that the person who scanned it made many changes. This is a science fiction book where alien speech is spelled different than regular English (to represent an accent). The person who did the scanning has changed these to the proper English spelling. I could try to change these back since I have the book, but I don't know if I will find all of them and there are many sections of the text to change. I hate to reject the book and tell the person who scanned it that he did all this extra work, but it is wrong.

Misha