[bksvol-discuss] Question about reject or fix

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 21:45:48 -0700

What would you do? I have a book that I am proofing. I have the print book so I can check problems. However, I have found that the person who scanned it made many changes. This is a science fiction book where alien speech is spelled different than regular English (to represent an accent). The person who did the scanning has changed these to the proper English spelling. I could try to change these back since I have the book, but I don't know if I will find all of them and there are many sections of the text to change. I hate to reject the book and tell the person who scanned it that he did all this extra work, but it is wrong.

Misha