[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about paragraph formatting

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:17:03 -0600

I suggest you leave paragraph indentations alone.  They are visual queues
that can be useful to some low vision / dyslexic reader.

G.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Research,
Human Ability & Accessibility Center,   (HA&AC)
Austin Tx.
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

". . . Maybe it was only those who were most certain they were right who
were guaranteed to be wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, those who
questioned the most were in the end those who came closest to being wise."
[David Poyer, The Command]

"Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
01/17/2008 10:47 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Question about paragraph formatting

I'm using Word to validate rtf files that I'm downloading from step 1.
Some
scans I've downloaded come through with paragraphs all the way through the
book
that have zero indentation.  Other scans have each paragraph indented
anywhere
from .2 to .5 inches.

Is there any preferred way, or required way, that paragraphs should be
formatted
in regards to indentation when it comes to cleaning up a scan during
validation?