[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about origin of books

  • From: Lisa Friendly <lisaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 19:28:46 -0700

The book should have some sort of US copyright. If  it¹s copyrighted only in
a country outside the US then it¹s not covered by US copyright law. If you
bought it or borrowed it in the US it¹s most likely covered by US copyright
law.

Lisa

From: Evan Reese <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 13:44:24 -0700
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about origin of books

I didn't know that that was ever the case. Does it say that somewhere on the
site? I'll be interested in any response from the staff on this one. I just
added a book that was printed in England - at least it was printed by a
printing house based in England - with no problems.

Evan