[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about moving or adjusting page breaks in Kurzweil

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:39:44 -0400 (EDT)

Grace

You'll have to argue the point with Jim Fruchterman not me <smile>!!
The criteria says that the book has to have page breaks; there is no way
for BookShare administrators to assure customers that they're in the right
place.
Hence, if a book has page breaks and meets other acceptance criteria, it
should be accepted into the collection as the standards now stand.
A rejected book meeting those criteria, if resubmitted, would likely
eventually be validated by someone and make the collection.
Of course, many validators do far beyond the required; but I wanted to
make it clear to new validators that what many of us goes beyond the
requirement.
A new validator needs to keep in mind both what the possibilities of a
book are as well as what the technical requirements are.
That was my only point, Grace, and I would agree with you that at random
page breaks don't do much to enhance a book beyond making it technically
elligible for acceptance.

Also the truth is that many many books have seemingly at random page
breaks.