[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about educational and children's books

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:34:23 -0500

Hi Gwen. Most of the books for older kids, grades 4 and up, don't have very
many pictures. Some have no pictures at all. If you're scanning with
Kurzweil, it usually does a nice job of scanning around pictures. It just
ignores them unless they have captions.

I like to scan books meant for middle or high school students because they
are more interesting and have few pictures. Having said that, I'm about to
try doing a Raggedy Ann book about a candy house. I'm hoping it'll turn out
well. I plan to bribe my dad to describe the pictures so I can include
descriptions. I loved the book when I was a kid, and I want to share it.

Monica Willyard

  _____