[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about cleaning scanner glass

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:13:05 -0500

Hi Shannon. I don't know from personal experience if the bubbles can be
seen, though my daughter says they can. A house guest accidentally cleaned
our new HD TV screen with water, causing similar bubbles. My family could
tell they were there because part of the picture was blurry. They did go
away after a week or so.

If you're getting clear scans, your scanner should be fine. If not, leaving
the lid open to let it dry out will help. I don't think there is any
permanent damage to worry about. It sounds like others on this list are
managing well while cleaning with water or glass cleaner. I'd say that means
you're probably going to be fine.

I'm kind of cautious and literal about following instructions on my computer
equipment. I have never cleaned my OpticBook or Canon  with anything but my
soft cloth. However, back in the early days of scanners, I cleaned my HP
ScanJet with glass cleaner with good results.

Monica Willyard

  _____