[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about cleaning scanner glass

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:51:12 -0800

That's the way I always clean my scanner and it works fine. Just spray a little on it so it isn't runny and it shouldn't get under the glass.

Bud

At 03:29 PM 1/14/2010, you wrote:
Hi, all.

A scanner was cleaned with Windex all-purpose cleaner, and a soft paper towel. I know this is not ideal, but I wonder if anyone has ever done this, and, if so, what the results were. If there were negative consequences, what would be the best way to restore the glass to its proper state?

I appreciate any help any of you can offer.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California