[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about chapter titles

  • From: Julie & Miss Mercy <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:50:49 -0500

Hi, Mayrie. I know you're right. I guess I just feel like if I'm going to scan a book, I want to do as much of it myself as I can. Otherwise, why scan it? But I know you're right.

Mayrie ReNae wrote:
Hi Julie,

        I have felt bad about asking repeatedly too.  I don't know why, but
books with this issue seem to arrive from my library in batches.  Weird. But
once, a sighted volunteer told me not to worry so much about asking for help
on such a small thing.  What she said to me is that if she's going to the
library, then picking up one more book is no big deal.  And for her it takes
ten minutes to send me a list of chapter headings.  She didn't think that it
was a huge job, unlike me, who felt as though I kept asking for too much
help.  So, maybe look at it this way? If no one wants to help, they won't
offer.  That way, you don't have to feel bad because no one's arm got
twisted.  And if no one wants to help, well, at least the numbers are there.

Just my thoughts.

Mayrie