[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about an English Translation Submission

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 17:24:14 -0700 (PDT)

That's a good question, Jamie. In tis particular case,
the author doesn't seem to hold a copyright, at least
in the U.S.

I think this question was asked before and I asked
John and he said to include both and referred me to a
book in the collection, but now I can't find the
letter. What is the title of your book? Maybe we can
find it in the collection and see what the staff did.

I checked Monica W's Living on the Border of Disorder,
for which there was a question because there were two
copyright holder. It shows both Cherry Boonne
O�Neill AND Dan O�Neill in the space, Copyrighted
by.

I'm sure Gerald will correct me if I'm wrong, but my
guess would be that one could put the name of the
author and also  the name of the translator, with
(trans.) in parens. I seem to remember that I was
surprised that the space in the form would hold all
that info but the answer was that it would.

Cindy