[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about a book

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 20:44:41 -0500

I can tell you that varies WIDELY! Here in the deep south, There are many
books they refuse to shelve that I know are available in California. I don’t
scan or proof this material, but was consulted once, and asked my library an
they said they would never carry it as it was adult content, but WorldCat
showed multiple copies, but not many. So, it still requires some judgment...

Valerie Maples

I talk, computer types, we both make mistakes. ;-)

On Jul 23, 2015, at 1:36 PM, Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Here's how we handle it at Bookshare: if anyone can walk into their local
library and find the book on the shelves, don't mark it adult content.