[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about a book

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 23:34:14 -0400

If that adult content box is not checked then anyone who has a subscription to Bookshare may download and read the book. If it is checked Bookshare subscribers who are under the age of eighteen will be unable to download or even see the book on the site. I consider that to be highly unfair and so I would urge anyone to never ever check that box. I would like it to be removed entirely.

On 7/22/2015 11:13 PM, Christopher Zeigler wrote:

Hello this is Chris
I am NOT train to say that censorship needs to be done I am just asking how else would the site and the software that operates that the site no no to block adult content I know that there is a checkbox under your account if you are a member when you're under 18 that box has to be checked by default I do not know anything else I'm not saying that there should be since your ship any questions please feel free to ask or to come Int.
You also can email me at chrisallen032@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:chrisallen032@xxxxxxxxx>
Hope you have a wonderful day thank you

On Jul 22, 2015 9:08 PM, "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

If you are into censorship and depriving people of making the free
choice to read whatever they want to read based on an arbitrary
matter of status then I suppose you would check that box in order
to discriminate against people under the age of eighteen. That
would keep them from downloading or even seeing that the book
exists on the site. As an opponent of censorship and an advocate
of the freedom to read myself I would advise never checking that box.

On 7/22/2015 8:21 PM, Christopher Zeigler wrote:

Hello this is Chris
I am asking a question how does D adult content filter really
work if it works based on that box being checked then if thats
not checked wouldn't that allow I child under 18 to be able to
download it seems like that it would make sense to check that box
if that's the only way that it would know to not show that result
I hope I made sense hair and everyone have a wonderful day

On Jul 22, 2015 11:13 AM, "Madeleine Linares"
<Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi Russ,

Then I doubt it should be marked adult content. Just make a
note about the contents in the synopsis so people can make
their own judgments.

Best,

Madeleine

*From:*bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx