[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about Scanners

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 22:41:13 -0700

If you are going to buy a scanning program, most on this list prefer Kurzweil
and several who have had Open Book have changed to Kurzweil and been happier.
Depending on the book, I personally scan 20 to 30 pages at a time and then
read. That way if you encounter any problems, it's easier to correct them in my
opinion. I don't know the answer to the first part of your question and I
haven't found that one engine is necessarily better for reading different types
of material but perhaps others won't agree. We're here to help so don't
hesitate to ask your questions. We all started out not knowing anything.