[bksvol-discuss] Question about Footnote numbers

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:06:18 -0800

Hi, Everyone,

I have not done any proofreading for several months so was reviewing the manual
before working on a book.

I have a question about the instructions regarding footnotes.

The manual has the following information:

        C.  Footnotes, Superscript, and Sidebars
             1)  Footnotes
                  a.  Don't delete them.
                  b.  Enclose each footnote in square brackets.
             2)  Superscripts
                  a.  Retain superscripts where possible.
                  b.  When the OCR has mistakenly placed superscripts onto the
line
above where they should
                       be, drop them down onto the text line where they should
occur.

The above states to retain superscripts where possible but then states to drop
them down to the line where they belong.
If a footnote number is placed on the line with the text, should I superscript
this number?
Sorry for my confusion.
I have really missed proofreading so am glad to be back.

Lori C.