[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about BSO Reservations for Death (Duncan Mcclain Mystery #9

  • From: Christopher Zeigler <chrisallen032@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare book discussion list <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2015 21:52:26 -0400

Hello Judy S Thank you for answering my last question
Ok I have a question I am working has
I thank scan error what do you think » I put a star before the sentence.

75
Railroad tracks direct to his plant could carry his finished products to
the side of ocean-going ships at Jersey City or Hoboken. His mammoth trucks
could perform the same function, speeding over broad highways kept open all
year.
There was high-grade New Jersey iron ore right in Pasaic County, but the
mines had been neglected. Suffolk technicians developed improved methods of
mining and smelting and put them into production again.
*
Two adjacent woolen mills were bought and razed. Steadily the Suffolk plant
began to grow» The iron-ore storage yard was tripled in capacity. More
stacks appeared on the powerhouse. A coke plant bristled with structures,
looking like some skeleton nightmare city on its own. A pipe and tube mill
was built; a billet and bar mill; a rolling mill; soaking pits; a stripper
building and a water-treatment plant of most modern design.
So the title of Suffolk Roller Bearings had really become a misnomer. It
was a steel plant in toto, capable of making every kind of steel from the
ore itself-carbon steel, tool steel and alloy. In addition to the open
hearths, it had electric furnaces and Bessemer converters, and the even
more modern turbo-hearth furnaces developed after World War II. It could
turn out practically everything from an eighty-seven-inch-wide steel plate,
to be used as the skin of an ocean liner, to a bearing or a single nail.
Passaic is the Indian word for peaceful valley. There was nothing peaceful
about it to the captain's sensitive ears. Nor to his sense of smell. Noise
had assailed him when the Cadillac was still a half a mile away from the
high cyclone fence topped with barbed wire that completely surrounded the
company's property. The noise had

On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Judy s. <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's Smitty when one speaker is talking, and Smith when the other speaker
is talking. It's correct as is.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese
<https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 10/2/2015 9:31 PM, Christopher Zeigler wrote:

Hi This is Chris
Can you all help me i am not sure if smith or smity?
I will put the page here.
smity
up a plane. Sign your name to a picture and give your address. Nuts!"
"It's rather obvious, isn't it, that Smitty is a faster thinker than
you are, Spud. Suppose he'd put down some nonexistent concern and
Belden Clark had started asking questions. It seems to me that Smith
must know something about Suffolk Roller Bearings. He was prepared to
answer, if Belden got curious. That picture was supposed to have gone
down with Belden on that plane."
Sybella said, "I don't like to pry, but if it isn't top secret, I wish
you boys would tell me more. Roller bearings as a luncheon topic have
always fascinated me."
"I learned the futility of trying to keep secrets from you several
years ago, darling. Also, I can sense that poisonous smile you're
giving Spud and me. So you found out from blabber-mouth, Rena, that
Mona Clark and Dan Bartlett were here. And you guessed, in your own
inimitable fashion, that I'd gotten interested in Belden Clark's
death. That's what really brought you home to lunch today. Or am I
wrong?"
"Perish the thought!" Sybella said. "A detective wrong? You believe
that Belden was murdered, and all those people on the plane, don't
you?"
"To the extent that I've sort of made up my mind to get the man or men
who did it."
"Then you're in pretty deep already, aren't you?"
The captain slashed a hand across his throat. "Up to here. Why? Did
you have some particular reason for wanting me to drop it?"
"More than one, maybe. I wanted all of us to move out to the house on
Long Island next week. That was one
To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email
tobksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx