[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question: Title page position

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:41:13 -0800 (PST)

Oh. o.k., Thanks. So the titles in 20-point bold refer only to the titles of
the books. it was chapter titles I had asked about.  Glad to know that sections
are 18-pont Bold; in earlier books  I had put those in 20-point as well. I'll
save this on a word file as a reminder. My memory gets worse and worse
CIndy

>________________________________

in 20 pt bold
>Sections in 18 pt. bold
>Chapters in 16 pt. bold
>Subdivisions in chapters 14 pt and bold
>Body of text in 12
point regular unless altered in the print edition

>I typed them each as we would; not sure if my webmail will retain their
>characteristics.
>
>Valerie
>

>Keep up with Nichole's recovery:
>http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/nicholemaples
>

>________________________________

for me.  I've run into a lot of books that have the title only on the
first page, or the title and author.  Then, within the next several
pages they may repeat that several times and then finally have a page
of what is the 'real' title page with the title, author and publisher
on it.  Which one should I treat as the title page? Sometimes this page
even occurs after the copyright page. I've been treating the one with
title, author and publisher on it as the title page.

>>Don't you love the publishing industry and how it has consistent
layouts? grin.

>>Judy s.
>>
>>Mayrie ReNae wrote:
>>Hi Denise,
>>>
>>>It sounds to me like the title
page that staff is talking about is the first title page (many books
have two). The first title page contains title, author, and publisher
only.  Generally, the second title page only contains the title of the
book, and nothing else.

>>>So, I'd say not to move the
title page that you have on page ten.  I assume that at this point,
before you've made any changes, that page 7 is blank.  On that page,
just type the title of the book, bold it, and enlarge it to 20 point
font.  Then type the author and below that the publisher.

>>>In most cases, the copyright
page is on the flipside of the actual title page containing title,
author, and publisher.

>>>And after those two pages are
often acknowledgements, dedication, maybe a blank page, and possibly a
page containing just the title of the book.

>>>You shouldn't ever need to
reorder pages.  It sounds like the title page of your book didn't scan
clearly enough to give you recognizable text.  This is very very common
as publishers seem to think that fancy fonts are desirable on title
pages and OCR chokes on them.

>>>Hope some of that ramble helps!
>>>
>>>Mayrie
>>>

>>>________________________________
Wagner
>>>Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:45 AM
>>>To: bksvol-discuss
>>>Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Question: Title page position
>>>

>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>I have a simple question.  I submitted a book I proofread and it
came back to me needing a title page.  The note indicated it should be
on page 7.  It does already have a title page on page 10 right before
the page where Chapter One begins.

>>>So, the question is:  Is there a particular order in which the
Front matter needs to be in?

>>>I plan to move the title page, of course, to page 7, but I just
want to make sure I understand for future proofreading.