[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question RE First Download

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 16:23:24 -0500

I agree with Jill on this one. I usually keep the cover and pages about other products promoted by a publisher as long as they are legible. Of course, if they are so mangled that I can't fix them, I delete those pages because they aren't core content. If a page of core content can't be read or is missing, it's another matter. Then I either contact the submitter to see if the page can be rescanned, or I ask on this list to see if anyone can help to scan the messed up page.

Monica Willyard

At 01:07 PM 12/26/2006, Jill wrote:
We are asked to make changes in the books we scan as seldom as possible, so
most of us retain the type of advertising information you are asking about;
however, we are actually only required to leave the actual book from print
page 1 unchanged including the copyright information. At least that is my
interpretation of what Bookshare wants.HTH