[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question: Placement of image description

  • From: Vivian Flores <vivian@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 21:14:48 -0700

Hi Judy and Cindy;

Thank you for both of your help. I think I'll have to go with Cindy's suggestion since there are no paragraph breaks on the actual page where the image is in the printed book--- long paragraph, and no good place where I can break the paragraph to insert the image description.

Vivian

At 08:00 PM 6/16/2012 -0500, you wrote:
Hi Vivian,

I try to keep the image description on the page that the image was on.
I do move the image caption and description to the end of a paragraph, or to the top of the previous paragraph, so that the flow of the text isn't interrupted. But I don't personally move a caption or description of an image to a different page than the page that the image occurred on originally.

Does that make sense? smile.

Judy s.
On 6/15/2012 10:46 PM, Vivian Flores wrote:
Hi,

I am currently scanning a nonfiction book with images and image captions. The placement of images and captions in the printed book are usually at the top of a page, and often breaks the flow of text from the previous page. Am I allowed to move the images to the end of a paragraph, which may mean that the image would end up on a different page than in the printed book?

Here's the example:

page 33: The last sentence of the last paragraph of page 33 continues on page 34.

page 34: top of page 34 is an image & image caption (Image 1, and caption is about 100 characters)

below the image and caption is the continuation of the sentence from page 33. The paragraph continues, (no break in paragraph) and the last sentence continues on to page 35.

So my question is, can I move the image to either before the last paragraph on page 33 or after the paragraph on page 35?

Or, should I just leave it as in the book? My understanding of the manual is that we can move the image as close to the text to which they refer. But. I think it means on the same page. Anyone know how to handle this?

Thanks,
Vivian