[bksvol-discuss] Question About Section Breaks

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 05:47:50 -0700

This book I'm reading through has a character (identified by JAWS as ANSI 167)
in one of the notes in reference to Snorra Edda, Gylfaginning Section 8, where
Section is the Ansi character, which JAWS reads as 'section'.  I presume this
is the section break.  Is this correct?

If so, my question is: Should I leave this symbol in or substitute something
else.  Will this mess up the page counting software in Daisy?  If so, I'll have
to change it, as this book has an index and I have made very sure that ALL
(that's all in all caps) page breaks are present.  I don't want them messed up
for any reason.  I don't know anything about this symbol, and therefore want to
be cautious.  If it is possible that this symbol can be interpreted as, or
confused with, the page break by Bookshare's processing, then I will have to
change it.

Thanks much.