[bksvol-discuss] Re: : Question

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:02:25 -0500 (EST)

Some people leave them in; some take them out.
One can argue this one both ways.

As a validator, I'd leave them in unless the text quality of them was
horrendous.  The reasonis a factor of the time required to remove them.
And with a validation pool over 500 in length, I think a validator's time
is best spent in getting more titles validated so that these books can be
read.

KKeep in mind that a sighted reader will see those ads 5 years from now if
they happen to pick up the book at a yard sale, et al.
And technically, they are a part of the book though irrelevant to the
storyline.
Also, though the offer may long have passed, they might tickle someone's
interest in seeking out another book to read.

BookShare guidelines, as I understand them, leave this issue up to the
discretion of both the scanner and validator.