[bksvol-discuss] Queen's Fool. Reuben Snake, Wisdom Keepers

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 01:19:41 -0800 (PST)

Good News--The Queen's Fool, by Philippa Gregory,
author of The Other Boleyn Girl, among others (that I
haven't read), is no available in the collection for
your reading pleasure.

It's historical fiction, set in the last days of
Edward VI and the reign of Queen Mary. Well-written,
with good historical detail, interesting characters,
and a good story. My favorite way to learn
history--and the description of the battle for Calais
was vivid.

When I returned to the download list tonight, Reuben
Snake was there. I've download both Reuben Snake and
Wisdom Keepers but I have two books to do before I get
to them, so if anyone else wants to tackle them after
reading E's description, let me know and I'll release
them. They are, according to my library online
catalog, about a Winnebago Native American visionary
and activist who lived between 1937 and 1993, and "
meetings with Native American spiritual elders"  --
cataloged under subjects of  North American Indian
religion and philosophy, respectively.  I hope they're
well-written and interesting, or I might reject them
if they're as bad as E suggests. It's not the "Fair"
condition that would bother me but the content if it
bored me. But hopefully they'll be interesting.

This month is Women's Month, or something like that,
and last month was Afircan-American Month, and I know
there's a Hispanic American month somwhere, probably
in May---Is there a Native American month? If so,
these would be good o have in the collection by then.
smile  (And I heartily recommend Hanta Yo, which is
well-written and very interesting and enjoyable
reading, IMO. (In my opinion).

One of these books was submitted in Feb. 2005, the
other in Sept. 2005. As I said, if anyone wants to
validate either or both, let me know and I'll release
them.