[bksvol-discuss] Re: Quantity versus Quality

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:06:58 -0700 (PDT)

Also, I happened to read the volunteer page for a
change--all the way down. It specifically says that if
you download a book from the collection to read, and
you find errors and are willing to fix them as you
read,you should do that and submit the improved book.
Here are the two paragraphs:

"Improved Submissions of Bookshare.org Books

We welcome improved submissions of books you download
from our site. While you're reading a book you have
downloaded from Bokoshare.org, if and when you
encounter errors, please feel free to correct those
errors. When you're done with the book, you have a
better copy than what you downloaded from our site,
right? Share that improved book with us. Submit the
new book. Or, if you finish reading one of our books
of improvable quality, have access to a printed copy,
and have the time and resources to rescan the book
entirely, please, feel free to do a complete re-scan
of the book.

To help cut down on confusion, please title any
submission of an improved book with "BSO-"then the
title. For example "BSO-The House on Pooh Corner" or,
"BSO-Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance". This
helps the Bookshare.org staff figure out that yes, you
are submitting an improved copy of a book. This saves
all of us time because we don't have to hold the book
in the submisison process to check with the validator
or the submitter to make sure the submission isn't a
duplicate. Please send us email at
volunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx if you have additional
questions."