[bksvol-discuss] Re: Quantity versus Quality

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:05:19 -0500

Hi Rick,
If a validator actually rejects a book, the book doesn't go back to step 1
under normal circumstances. It goes to the admin, who looks at the reason
for the rejection. What you're seeing on step 1 with the return label are
books other volunteers have released, or where the volunteer's edit time has
expired. It's definitely true that being able to leave comments on the
reason for releasing a book would truly be helpful. Reasons for releasing a
book can range from "Ugh, this book is really boring and I can't stand it!"
to "I thought I'd have time to validate this, but I was wrong." to "uh-oh, I
don't have the equipment/knowledge/experience to deal with this book." to
"This book is such a mess that I can't deal with it, but I don't feel
comfortable rejecting so I hope someone else will take on the project." Some
of these reasons wouldn't affect how the next volunteer would handle the
book, but others would.

Hth,
Kellie