[bksvol-discuss] Re: Quantity versus Quality

  • From: "Paula and James Muysenberg" <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:31:07 -0500

Ernie,

    I agree. I took a look at a book last night, which was rated Fair. It was
something about linguistics, and has been on the Step 1 page for some time. The
book fit the standard--it was readable, but it had lots of errors. I really
wanted to reject it, but felt I couldn't, as long as Bookshare allows books of
that quality. Of course, if it had been illegible, I would have rejected it,
but the policy seems to be that we should let books through if we can still
read them. I guess that if a student didn't have a scanner, and needed to read
the book, this copy would do, but I cringe to imagine what a new subscriber to
Bookshare would think!

    I hope Bookshare will soon eliminate the Fair category altogether.

Paula