[bksvol-discuss] Re: Quality and validation credits

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:23:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Kaitlyn,

Robert answered your question about credits, so I
won't say more on that. Although bookshare prefers
that we don't validate our own submissions, Robert's
correct that one might as well do it one's self and
get the credit for cleaning up the book carefully.
Besides, that keeps the book from languishing on the
download page one and gets it into the collection
faster -- and in Excellent shape, which there's no
guarantee another validator will do -- although most
of us now, I think, do the maximum and not the
minimum.

The main reason I' m writing, though, is to ask what
dragon races are?  When I was a teenager in
Minneapolis we used to go to the lake at night (with
*special* dates) to watch submarine races (euphemism,
of course), but I gather dragon races are something
real? Are the like Indian war canoes, or VIking
canoes?

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com