[bksvol-discuss] Re: Puzzling Problem

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 06:50:20 -0500

Hi Lori. Too early for humor--too early for opening one's eyes.

Actually, there is no roman numeral for zero. That was one of the failings of
the roman numeral system. The Arabs invented the zero which made their
accounting systems much superior to the European system. Was it Marco Polo who
brought the zero to the western world?

Now to your question concerning preliminary pages. I think that suggestion is
just that. If it were me I would leave them alone. Of course, you could
renumber the whole lot and no one would be the wiser <lol>.

Just my thoughts.

Bob

"We know the future will outlast all of us, but I believe that all of us will
live on in the future we make,"
Senator Edward M. Kennedy