[bksvol-discuss] Re: Puzzlement

  • From: Pamela Hoffard <crosssttch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 18:14:39 -0700 (PDT)

Lori,

I think you did the scanner a service.  They need to know that this type of
scan is not possible to fix without a "hard copy" of the same book.  Before I
started only scanning I tried to clean up some nasty scans but the only way I
would do it was with the actual book (I am sighted, so it was possible).  If
the headers are not left and page breaks disappear, I don't know of another way
to do it.

Thanks for doing the tough, but best thing for everyone and Bookshare!

Pam Hoffard