[bksvol-discuss] Re: Punctuation question?

  • From: <ghobbs1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 11:09:40 -0500

Hi,
I'm getting confused,again! Based on Madeleine's note:

"Please DO NOT add an extra dot/period to the end of an ellipsis. If an author
has used one, please leave it as is."

I'm thinking that an ellipsis at the end of a sentence substitutes for the
period, unless it's the author's style to add an period after an ellipsis.

Liz Hobbs