[bksvol-discuss] Re: Punctuation question

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:51:01 -0500

Yes, that works perfectly in Kurzweil.  You don't even have to copy and
paste the character because Kurzweil puts the char you are on in the find
edit for you, so you just have to type in the replacement.  Shelley's
problem is getting the strange character she needs to replace in to the edit
box on a braille note which doesn't work the same as the find in Kurzweil,
or even like the find feature in most other programs.
Did I misunderstand, Shelley?
It's easy to make the mistake of thinking that most technology, especially
software and hardware that is made to do the same task, is created to work
the same, when in fact they are not always alike in fuctionality or
operation.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net