[bksvol-discuss] Re: Publishers and Bookshare As a Library

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:04:40 -0600

Hi Kim and Gary!

The first Audible book that I bought after I discovered that I could listen to the samples with FireFox and Window-Eyes, I just happened to find the book I wanted on Amazon and noticed that it was available in audio format, and, when I hit that link, I was brought to the Audible site. I couldn't buy that format until I signed up for an Audible account. After I did all of the necessary Audible stuff such as signing up, downloading and installing the Audible Manager software and enabling my reading device, which is my Olympus digital recorder, the DS-50, then I went back to Amazon and bought the book. In that case, buying the book through Amazon rather than directly from Audible saved me $4, though I don't think there is usually a savings when buying Audible books through Amazon.

Debby

At 01:16 PM 12/13/2009, Kim Friedman wrote
Hi, Gary, you're probably right about amazon owning audible. Still you can
get stuff through audible's web site. I haven't attempted getting audible
downloads from amazon.com. The offer still stands. Regards, Kim.