[bksvol-discuss] Re: Publishers and Bookshare As a Library

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:56:52 -0600

Hi Kim!

The latest generation of the iPod Shuffle, which I have also speaks, announcing song titles and artists when you want it to. It uses the VoiceOver software.

Debby

At 06:02 AM 12/13/2009, Kim Friedman wrote
Hi, Jamie, I don't have an iPod, but I'm told there are iPod nanos that speak their menus and now there's an iPod Touch which can speak all the menus, but I don't have one. What I understand is that the screen will allow people to gesture in order to make their selections. VoiceOver is enabled. I don't have any of these but I'll bet you there are some intrepid souls in the blind community who'll get one. The iPhone (I forget which models) are also enabled for speech. (I'm not getting one.) Regards, Kim.