[bksvol-discuss] Re: Publishers

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garypet130@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 03:02:12 -0500

Thanks.to all.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Judy s.
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; Madeleine Linares
  Sent: Friday, January 31, 2014 6:22 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Publishers

  Bookshare has asked that volunteers do not contact publishers or authors
directly.  Bookshare has a staff member that is their publisher liaison. You
can always ask the volunteer coordinator, Madeleine, to send any requests you
have to get publishers or authors to participate to the appropriate staff
member within Bookshare. Madeleine's email address is: Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx

  Judy s.

  On 1/31/2014 4:57 PM, Sensation Experience Official wrote:

    Hello all,
    I think probably contacting the publisher might be appropriate in this
context. Other, less conventional ones, like author-owned publishers might be
the same here.
    On a side note, can self-publishing authors who use Create Space submit to
book share? I saw an author's consent form in which it requires that you mail
the physical copy of the book along with the form to Bookshare.
    -Al...

    On 1/31/2014 2:37 PM, Gary Petraccaro wrote:

      If there's a publisher not affiliated with BookShare, is there a way to
prompt the publisher to consider doing so?
      Suggestions?
      Thanks.