[bksvol-discuss] Re: Protecting page numbers and chapter headings

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 08:46:14 -0700

I remove them as well, which is why this irritates me as much as it does. The stripper is supposed to look for consistent text on the top of each page that it removes. So why is it that when that text is removed - leaving the page numbers of course - the stripper removes chapter headings which may occur every few pages or even every few dozen pages? Sounds more like a bug than a useful feature to me.

And it does apparently work that way. I just downloaded the brf version of a book I submitted in which I had removed the headers, and those chapter headings which appear at the top of a new page are missing. But most of the chapter headings are in the middle of the page, so only a few are missing, meaning that they are tens of pages apart at the closest. Sheesh!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>