[bksvol-discuss] Re: Protecting page numbers and chapter headings

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 15:09:48 -0700

I know what you mean.  I don't want to read headers on the top of each page
either.  I don't suppose that it's such a big deal for sighted readers, who can
just skip them - probably without even thinking about it - while reading along.
 But Braille readers and voice listeners have to read everything in a linear
stream as it comes along.  So I understand why they are stripped.  But it
should not be removing chapter headings and other types of headers which are
not regularly occuring on each - or every other - page.  The book I checked
this morning had PART ONE and PART TWO removed, and they were over one hundred
pages apart!  How does this fall under the removal of consistently appearing
text that the stripper thinks is a header?